They chose the animals using the following criteria: Are the species desirable – do they hold an important ecological function or are they beloved by humans? Are the species practical choices – do we have access to tissue that could give us good quality DNA samples or germ cells to reproduce the species? And are they able to be reintroduced into the wold – are the habitats in which they live available and do we know why they went extinct in the first place?
- Scientists want to bring 22 animals back from extinction · TheJournal.ie
- Pentagon weapons-maker finds method for cheap, clean water | Reuters
- Nanoparticles loaded with bee venom kill HIV | Newsroom | Washington University in St. Louis
- A comet headed for Mars: The hits keep coming | The Economist
- Insect wings shred bacteria to pieces : Nature News & Comment